Eligible customers of bankrupt crypto lending firm Celsius Network will soon be allowed to obtain the funds trapped when the platform paused withdrawals and transfers in June of last year.
In a new court filing, Celsius names the users who are qualified to withdraw their withheld assets, saying these users will be notified of their eligibility and the process to get their funds back on or around February 15th.
“Eligible Users on the Distribution Schedule will receive email and Celsius app communications from the Debtors informing such users of their eligibility to withdraw and the steps each user must take before a withdrawal can be processed.”
Celsius says eligible users need to update their account with the required details such as those for anti-money laundering (AML) and know-your-customer (KYC) purposes before they can proceed with the withdrawal.
“Unless and until an Eligible User updates his or her account with the Required Account Updates, such Eligible User will be unable to withdraw his or her Distributable Custody Assets from the Debtors’ platform.”
Gas and transaction fees will also apply to the withdrawals. Celsius says those who do not have enough assets in their accounts to cover these fees will not be able to withdraw their funds.
Eligible customers can withdraw only 94% of their funds. The bankruptcy court still has to decide if Celsius can return the remaining 6%.
Don’t Miss a Beat – Subscribe to get crypto email alerts delivered directly to your inbox
Check Price Action
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Telegram
Surf The Daily Hodl Mix
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed at The Daily Hodl are not investment advice. Investors should do their due diligence before making any high-risk investments in Bitcoin, cryptocurrency or digital assets. Please be advised that your transfers and trades are at your own risk, and any loses you may incur are your responsibility. The Daily Hodl does not recommend the buying or selling of any cryptocurrencies or digital assets, nor is The Daily Hodl an investment advisor. Please note that The Daily Hodl participates in affiliate marketing.
Generated Image: Midjourney
Credit: Source link